Unstoppable

"Every soul who comes to earth with a leg or two at birth must wrestle his opponents knowing it's not what is, it's what can be that measures worth. Make it hard, just make it possible and through pain I'll not complain. My spirit is unconquerable, fearless I will face each foe, for I know I am capable. I don't care what's probable, through blood, sweat, and tears, I am Unstoppable."

Anthony Robles

Saturday, June 16, 2012

I have had the opportunity to work with someone who has gone through a whole lot within the past 6 to 8 months.  I hope we all can learn something from this experience that my client had, I know I certainly have.  About 8 months ago (rough guess)  Jeanette John was in a motorcycle accident with her husband in Colorado.  To make a long story short she was injured very badly and her husband was injured as well but not to the extent of Jeanette.  Jeanette had brain trauma, 2 collapsed lungs, broke every rib on both sides, broken collarbone, broken scapula (shoulder blade), broken arm and plenty of other things.  She was in a hospital in Colorado for a few months but still to this day doesn't remember being there.  She was then life flighted to Salt Lake where she finished her recovery.  Jeanette is a walking miracle literally because the doctors didn't give her much hope.  They weren't sure what she would be able to do or if she would even be able to walk.  A couple of months ago Jeanette came into Gold's Gym where I work and approached me to talk about possibly doing some personal training.  She told me her story and what had happened but she said the best thing for her would be to get back into the gym.  I told her I could help and we started creating a plan.  Now that it has been a couple of months since we started working out we have been seeing some great progress.  There are some things that we won't be able to fix until some of the plates, screws, and pins get taken out but the biggest change that is taking place right now is her stability is better, and we're increasing strength a step at a time.  Every day she comes into the gym and she will always feel pain.  Not because I'm working her out hard but because of the accident there are certain things that she will always feel.  Jeanette you're an inspiration to a lot of people out there and I'm one of them.  I love training you because you push yourself every day you're with me even though it hurts.  Keep pushing and I promise it will be worth it in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment