Unstoppable

"Every soul who comes to earth with a leg or two at birth must wrestle his opponents knowing it's not what is, it's what can be that measures worth. Make it hard, just make it possible and through pain I'll not complain. My spirit is unconquerable, fearless I will face each foe, for I know I am capable. I don't care what's probable, through blood, sweat, and tears, I am Unstoppable."

Anthony Robles

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cardio

Let's talk about some of the benefits of Cardio.  We all know it is important but how important is it and what should I be doing to reap some of those benefits.  I like to follow the FITTE principle when it comes to cardio and make sure I cover every letter because each one is important when trying to design your cardio workout.  F=Frequency, we should be doing cardio at least 3 times a week but it also depends on what your goal is.  I=Intensity, if you walk, jog, run, bike or do other aerobic exercises the goal in this case is to get your heart rate up.  You should be getting up in the range of 70 to 80% of your Heart Rate Max.  If you don't even think about that when you do cardio than come and talk to me and I can tell you more about that. T=Time, we should be doing cardio for at least 30 minutes.  T=Type, there are many forms of cardio like I just mentioned.  They are all great forms of cardio but just remember to switch it up so your body doesn't adapt to that form of cardio.  E= Enjoyment, make cardio fun because if it's fun than you will do it.  Some quick benefits of cardio would be

1.  Lowers Cholesterol
2.  Lowers Blood Pressure
3.  Increases Circulation
4.  Increases Blood Flow
5.  Strengthens Heart
6.  Burns Calories

Anyone else want to add to the list?  There are plenty of other benefits so lets keep up the cardio ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment